For many, however, it is most likely that before they finally find ‘the one,’ they would have been through a number of relationships that were not really what they thought they were getting into.
What results from these instances are heartbreak, sadness, and other negative emotions that many people would rather not go through.
However, experience, they say, is the best teacher, and people get to learn not only from their pleasant memories, but also from the unpleasant ones.
As a matter of fact, there are always more lessons to learn from unpleasant situations than from pleasant ones.
What lessons, therefore, does heartbreak teach people that have gone through it before?
1. Never let people decide what is good for you and what is not.
Your friends should not be the ones telling you that you need to break with your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Everyone deserves to make their own choices and though your friends might be concerned for you, the ultimate decision to pull the plug on the relationship lies with you, and you alone.
2. The heart can take more pain than you know
The pain that comes from a very bad, undeserved, and unpredicted breakup is a very intense one.
No one deserves such sadness, really.
The truth, though, is that when such thing occurs, one might be moved into thinking that that is the end of the world, but it is not.
The heart mends after a while. It might feel so unbearable at first, but with the right moves, you’ll be fine in the end.
3. You will learn that it is better to let go than to keep forcing an affair with someone who is clearly not right for you.
Many get to learn this the hard way.
4. You will learn that most people don’t deserve a second chance. There was a reason it didn’t work the first time, right?
5. You can’t change someone’s mind if they don’t want a relationship.
The main thing is for you to learn from these mistakes as you let yourself feel the warmth of love once again.
Once bitten twice shy. You should not be falling into the same mistake twice, right?